Environmental Policy Statement
Nellson and its subsidiaries are committed to operating all facilities in accordance with company environmental policies and all applicable legal requirements. The organization commits to the continuous improvement of our environmental programs, including the wise stewardship of natural resources and the documentation, implementation, and maintenance of a formal Environmental Management System such as participation in Ecovadis and the CDP process for private markets.
We are specifically committed to:
- The conservation of natural resources through careful planning and efficient use of water, energy and raw materials.
- The minimization of waste through source reduction, reuse, and recycling.
- The handling and disposal of waste through safe and environmentally sustainable methods.
- The prevention of pollution, including greenhouse gases, and the unintended release of substances that could cause harm to air, water, or land.
- Conducting regular environmental assessments at our facilities and making recommendations for improvement.
- The annual review of our Environmental Management System to ensure that it is appropriate for the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities and products.
- Training and encouraging our employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
- Establishing environmental objectives and targets and conducting an annual review of our performance.
- Product development and manufacturability processes are planned to minimize energy use and waste from the sourcing of material to the distribution to the customer.
- Encouraging our suppliers and business partners to maintain the same high levels of environmental awareness and performance.
The Nellson Executive Leadership Team is responsible for monitoring the Corporation’s sustainability, environmental, and corporate social responsibility activities, including the implementation of this Policy.