Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Protocol
Customer Communication #4: Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Protocol
March 26, 2020
In an effort to keep pace with the rapidly evolving Coronavirus situation, and to ensure we continue to take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, customers, business partners and their families I wanted to share the following:
We are happy to report that there have been no verified cases of a Nellson employee contracting the virus. While this is great news, we must remain vigilant in mitigating risks and being prepared in the event one of our employees tests positive.
We are taking various steps to proactively minimize the transfer of COVID-19 including, but not limited to:
- Strictly following our GMP’s already in place for hand washing and have audited all procedures to ensure 100% compliance with the 20-second sanitation of hands every time someone enters the production floor.
- Telecommuting (i.e. working from home) arrangements have been implemented at all Nellson locations with a reduction in our staffing by 60% at Corporate and we will continue to review these opportunities.
- Breaks and lunch times in our factories are being staggered to ensure “Social Distancing” and reduce the number of employees in our break areas, smock rooms, etc.
- All non-essential support staff at our plants has been reduced to a skeleton crew to safeguard employees
- A checklist has been developed for Supervisors and Managers to use when recommending employees be sent home for displaying flu-like symptoms to ensure every precaution is taken to avoid any workplace exposure.
- A mass employee communication system has been deployed to quickly reach all employees via text message.
- Sanitation protocols have been strengthened to ensure all doors, handles, timeclocks, control panels, tools, touch screens, and other common areas are fully wiped down with sanitizer at more frequent intervals.
- Established an SOP for isolating, cleaning and sanitizing lines and/or affected areas.
- Developed a COVID-19 Response Decision Tree which will allow site management to easily identify the necessary steps and precautions to respond to the situation.
- Conducted extensive training with our crisis management teams to assist in response efforts.
In the event an employee tests positive at one of our sites we have completed preparations to respond quickly:
As previously communicated, we will notify customers and align with the necessary precautions to respond to the situation while minimizing supply disruption.
We will continue to monitor this rapidly developing situation and provide updates as needed.
Wishing good health to you and your families,
Chief Executive Officer