Coronavirus (COVID-19) May Update
Customer Communication: Coronavirus (COVID-19) May Update
June 4, 2020
As Nellson continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, I wanted to provide you with an update on what we are seeing at our sites and the actions we are taking. We remain committed to the fight against COVID-19. The health and safety of our employees and the communities in which they live are our top priority.
- As COVID-related guidelines and restrictions continue to evolve across the country, we are operating with a high degree of caution and continue to take the most stringent approach on all policies and procedures in our factories. We believe that our proactive and aggressive protocols related to sanitation, social distancing and self-quarantining continue to be effective in protecting employees and preventing the spread of the virus.
- To date, less than 2% of our workforce has tested positive for the virus. We are happy to report that more than half of those who have tested positive have fully recovered and returned to work. All others continue to recover at home and we anticipate their return soon.
- In May, our Anjou, Salt Lake City, and Anaheim sites experienced an increase in positive diagnoses. While we are concerned for our employees and disappointed by the increase in cases it is important to note that evidence indicates our case rate falls well below the local county/region average for these locations as they are experiencing a high number of positive COVID-19 cases in their communities. Our Lachine site has experienced a few positive cases, and our Ontario site has not had a single positive case to date. Importantly, the evidence suggests that the vast majority of confirmed cases across our sites originated externally rather than from transmission within the site, indicating that our steps to prevent transmission are working well.
- While COVID-19 has impacted each site differently, our local Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams have worked to ensure there are no business disruptions; in the event that this changes we will notify you immediately.
- All employees who have tested positive or experienced secondary exposure are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and are able to return to work upon satisfaction of our Return to Work Protocol. The areas in which the impacted employees worked are fogged and disinfected and all common areas continue to be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- As communities begin re-opening, we will continue to monitor the situation and make cautious, fact-based decisions with regard to our telecommuting employees return to the office.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are confident we have taken the necessary precautions to continue running our business, operating our factories, and providing high quality products to our customers. We are grateful for our partnership as we all continue to do our parts in flattening the curve.
Wishing good health to you and your families,
Chief Executive Officer