Our customer had a great opportunity—to launch their high-protein bars at a large general retailer’s stores nationwide. There was just one caveat; they had to deliver the 5-flavored assortment in just 4 weeks. This very defined, focused and time-critical goal created our challenge: to create the bars from concept & development to finished production in a very tight timeline.
HOW WE DID IT
Our cross-functional departments worked closely together and with our customer to deliver the bars as scheduled.
What exactly was involved in the process?
To meet the challenge, we
• accelerated our New Product Innovation (NPI) to include all support functions
• dedicated an NPI Manager to the project
• expedited Supplier Qualification of all new ingredients
• sourced new packaging suppliers to provide a unique film barrier
• ran trials and production back-to-back for efficiency
• drop-shipped directly to major retail distribution centers
Our customer met their ambitious goal and deadline, delivering their customer an assortment of trend-right, indulgent flavors including chocolate chip cookie dough, cinnamon roll, French vanilla, chocolate peanut butter, and raspberry chocolate truffle.
SOLUTION IN ACTION
Turns out, success does breed success. Our customer’s outcome brought them another tall order, this time for 2 specialty nutrition retailers, for 6 new flavors of high-protein bars delivered in 6 weeks. Together, we did it again!
Category: IngredientsPrevious Post Next Post